Re: Has this been considered

2004-10-22 07:22:36
On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 05:56, Meng Weng Wong wrote:
On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 09:58:05AM +0100, Richard Bang wrote:

| Looking through the archives I see a lot of references to using spf to stop
| phishing, and this seems to be one of the major stumbling blocks of
| progress.
|
| I would propose that rather than trying to fly to the moon on our first RFC,
| it becomes a two stage process.

I tried to convince MS of this in March.

  http://spf.pobox.com/slides/crossingbeams/0230.html

Actually I'd like to see it be a 3 stage process.

1) What to put into DNS (policy records), and ideally one DNS record to
handle everything.

2) 2821

3) 2822

For #1, the single record can point to other records if needed. But for
the small time operator he should be able to use a single record and
still fit in the UDP limit.

--
Jeff Macdonald <jmacdonald(_at_)e-dialog(_dot_)com>
E-Dialog