RE: DK

2004-10-25 14:19:02
From: wayne
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 1:53 PM

In
<1098729946(_dot_)13871(_dot_)25(_dot_)camel(_at_)jmacdonald-work(_dot_)e-dialog(_dot_)com>
 Jeff
Macdonald <jmacdonald(_at_)e-dialog(_dot_)com> writes:

Is there any progress in getting DK to use SPF records instead of a
separate DK DNS record?

DomainKeys needs a completely different set of information in their
DNS records.  Instead of a list of IP addresses like SPF needs, they
need a cryptographic public key and a few other items.

So, I very much doubt that DK will ever use SPF records.

They also have an optional sender policy record which goes in DNS TXT along
with the public key.  They are careful to state in their draft, however,
that they are agnostic to whatever sender policy mechanism ultimately wins
the battle and they will encourage use of whatever sender policy mechanism
prevails.  That being said, the folks in MASS do not seem to like SPF very
much, as many feel that designated sender systems have too many inherent
problems.  Given these conflicting sentiments, I'd say it's up for grabs
whether or not DK would publish sender policy through SPF.

--

Seth Goodman