RE: Re: When did we lose control?

2004-10-23 12:15:45
I read your message and I think we agree on most important points. I think where we appear to disagree, it's probably just a matter of emphasis. I am not going to reply to all the specific points, but I wanted to let you know that I read it and respond to this last point:

--Seth Goodman <sethg(_at_)GoodmanAssociates(_dot_)com> wrote:
Let me suggest a thought experiment.  What if we talked to MS like we were
really intent on every word they said ... and then ignored every bit of
it. Nod our heads in agreement and offer compliments for every one of
their suggestions ... and then go off and do the opposite.

It's an interesting suggestion. And if you are suggesting that MS has done pretty much the same thing to us, I would probably agree with that.

Here is what I will be doing, and if anyone would like to join me, great.

I will be spending my time on this list talking about the future direction of SPF and what is good for SPF and its supportive community. I will STOP talking about MS. At all.

As far as I am concerned, SPF is an open standard, and if MS would like to use it, whatever. I am not going to lift a finger to help them, nor am I going to spend time and effort railing against them or trying to stop them.

Thanks
gregc