Re: Summary Please - where is SPF 1?

2004-10-28 11:33:27

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rand Wacker" <rand(_at_)sendmail(_dot_)com>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 7:34 PM
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Summary Please - where is SPF 1?

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Roy Badami wrote:

"Meng" == Meng Weng Wong <mengwong(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com>
writes:

    Meng> I don't know of any MTA vendors who are implementing PRA
    Meng> checking at this time.

I believe Sendmail's experimental sid-milter implements both MAIL FROM
and PRA.

Yup:   http://sendmail.net/sid-milter

We're looking in to the latest experimental drafts for each as well at
this time.

<quote from the url>

"Sendmail remains committed to open source and the open standards process,
which is why we have released a prototype milter meant to test the Sender ID
specification that is being discussed by the IETF.

As for the IP license itself, Sendmail has no plans to sign the Microsoft
license. Microsoft has publicly stated that Sender ID facility IP will be
permanently free of royalty charges for the purpose of implemented SIDF. As
a result we see no business advantage to signing a license. If in the future
we conclude it would be to our advantage to get a license we can do so at
that time without penalty since it is free of royalties."

</quote>

Thanks Rand - that looks good :-)

Slainte,

JohnP.