Re: Summary Please - where is SPF 1?

2004-10-29 09:28:38
On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 08:42:16AM -0400, Michael Hammer wrote:

| I absolutely agree with you Robert. If PRA checking were performed
| under SPF2.0/PRA where people published their records accordingly I
| wouldn't be as concerned.
|
| The problem is that unpredictable outcomes are created for people who
| published SPF1 records according to the SPF1 requirements in good
| faith.

I negotiated with MS on this issue and the answer is "if
you're not comfortable with SPF1 records being used in PRA
context, you can just publish

  domain.com TXT "spf2.0/pra"

That record means the spf1 record won't be used for PRA.

The way I see it, the onus is on MS and anyone else
implementing PRA to specialcase around failures of the PRA
to DTRT.  (eg EzMLM, Yahoo!Groups).