Re: RE: spf2.0/pra next to v=spf1

2004-10-29 11:35:18
On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 13:26, Julian Mehnle wrote:
Do these records need to exist next to _all_ SPF1 records?  So if one
had to add X records for X hosts (because of CNAMEs and subdomains and
inability to use wildcards because there are other records, etc), one
would now need to add X*2 records to be able to say "don't do PRA
checking"?

Yes, that's how Microsoft wants it to work.

Yes, I know that. :) I was making a point.  Considering all the
discussion that was on this list months ago about deployment issues
because of all the records that would need to be added (since reliable
zone-cutting is not part of SPF), this seems like an odd thing to
"negotiate" on and agree with.