RE: Summary Please - where is SPF 1?

2004-10-30 07:06:11

I negotiated with MS on this issue and the answer is "if
you're not comfortable with SPF1 records being used in PRA
context, you can just publish

  domain.com TXT "spf2.0/pra"

This must be the first time in RFC history that to make a protocol work as
intended you have to publish a tag for a yet to be published RFC for the
next version of the same RFC !!!!

Does this not strike everyone who has ever written a single line of code or
read a single RFC that this is stupid beyond belief.

Anyone who wants to do PRA checking had better not use my spfv1 DNS
settings.  If I want you to do PRA I'll publish the spf2/pra records.
Otherwise keep out.