RE: Formal call for nominations for people to sit on the "SPF Leadership Council"

2004-11-09 20:07:01
I would like to contribute in any way I can.  I am a programmer, although I
have not done any for
SPF/SES/SRS as I am very busy with my day job.  On the other hand, I do have
experience managing
disparate email systems of various flavours (albeit not commercial ESP's like
yahoo/aol) and provide
insight from my experience.  (That is indeed why I first joined this list after
attending an
anti-spam seminar in Toronto where SPF was on one of the slides).

If I find I cannot commit the necessary time, then I would have to bow out.
But I am certainly
willing to give it a try.

Sacrificing personal time (sleep :)  is definitely worth keeping the SPF ball
rolling and hopefully
becoming defacto standard.

Single leaders of efforts often cause things to move faster, but can more
easily allow things to
move in the wrong direction.  A group of well informed minds with good faith
will not always come to
unanimous decision, but the consensus will usually come to the best decision.

I agree to member/participate in the leadership council.

I further would like to second the following people  (If your name is *not*
listed, please don't be
offended, its not because your not valuable, its because I have a bad memory.
If nobody else
remembers your participation, please remind me and I will refresh my memory and
second you)

So my seconds are for not less than:
Anne P. Mitchell, Esq.
Carl Hutzler,
Chris Drake,
Frank Ellermann,
Guy,
Hector Santos,
John Glube,
John Pinkerton,
Jonathan Gardner,
Koen Martens,
Roger Moser,
Scott Kitterman,
Seth Goodman,
Stephane Bortzmeyer,
Tony Finch,
Theo Schlossnagle,
Wayne Schlitt,
William Leibzon

I would further like to nominate James Couzens.

I hope that the infighting (that's such a terrible word) will be alleviated by
members complying to
leadership council decisions.  The very fact that it is "infighting" and not
just "fighting" leads
me to believe we have a good chance of good faith council decisions.

Even if "the enemy" convinces/buys/coerces/whatever some of our council
members, if we ditch the
trolling we still have a good chance of success.

"The enemy" is not a political attack, but a description of anyone who does not
want SPF deployment
for non honourable reasons (are a spammer, want a competitive product to
REPLACE spf instead of
agreeing to work in co-operation with (demonstrating a malicious act)).

When I started, this was not intended as a short essay, sorry.

Terry Fielder
Manager Software Development and Deployment
Great Gulf Homes / Ashton Woods Homes
terry(_at_)greatgulfhomes(_dot_)com
Fax: (416) 441-9085