Re: Accountable Messaging Standards Group

2004-11-12 09:26:13
On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 15:44:59 +0000 (GMT), csm(_at_)moongroup(_dot_)com wrote:
  PHB has made what seems to me to be an excellent suggestion. He
  suggests that the subject line of this email should be the
  organizational name for what we're trying to form. In spite of the
  fact that he and I have had significant differences I happen to
  agree with this strategy. I invite comments and discussion?

1. gaining public acceptance as a 'standards' group requires some track record.
the usual model for a group like this is that it works as an adjunct to formal
standards efforts.

2. this is an spf effort.  characterizing it as something larger -- such as
"accountability messaging" will merely cause it to overlap with other,
independent efforts, thereby creating confusion.

d/
--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking