Re: List of nominations for people to sit on the "S PF Leadership Council"

2004-11-12 09:30:01
Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

adopt Roberts Rules of Order as your basic rules

No fancy rules.  This is not a US only list.  I am not
packing.  There's no death penalty for top posting, and
no Camp X-ray for your MUA without References.

They have their origin in an age when flame wars
tended to degenerate into duels with swords

As long as Horatio Hornblower, Honor Harrington, or Miles
Vorkosigan deal with it, I like it.  But not in real life.

Asynchronous messaging is OK as a collaboration tool,
but to get somewhere useful synchronous methods such
as a bi-weekly con-call are going to be more effective.

Not the back rooms of MARID again.

If you want to influence the corporates then you will
have to have corporates participating.

This "leadership" is essentially a sledge hammer forcing
Wayne, James, and Mark to see the light when they really
need it.  Maybe replacing Mark by N.N. as a draft editor.

If you want to be open source only

Open standard != open source, e.g. Hector's software.

What you really need is people who know something about
writing constitutions

Nobody wants a constitution or bureaucracy here, we only
need ONE draft without bugs in the syntax, where James,
Wayne, and Mark don't threaten to commit net suicide and
accept the outcome.
                      Bye, Frank