SPF too late?

2004-11-16 17:35:57
BrightMail claims false-positive rates of 1 in a billion. I've been
using it for 3 days, and it's been spot-on so far (I get a *lot* of
junk and a lot of legitimate mail).  There's no need for SPF or
SenderID or anything else if it can keep this up.  Dunno how it works
though - I would have said this false pos rate was impossible.
Doesn't stop 'em from fibbing on their web site still: the "one in a
billion" test was from a report in Feb 2003, but their web site quotes
"2004" every time they reference the 1in1e9 report.  I'm itching to
prove them wrong still, so I'm about to redirect all my business's
spam and legit emails to my iiNet brightmail account too :-)

Kind Regards,
Chris Drake