Re: Forwarding is spoofing

2004-11-22 09:41:17
On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 10:36:40AM -0600, wayne wrote:

A year ago, I would have strongly agreed that the forwarding problem
was going to be a big deal.  Now, having collected quite a bit of data
from the T-FWL and other sources, I have come to the conclusion that
there is a heck of a lot less forwarding going on than I thought.  As
a result, I'm almost to the point that saying even if forwarding
solutions like SRS didn't exist, SPF adoption (with -all) would happen
anyway.

Do you or do you not agree to the following statement?

"Whether or not it is a problem is irrelevant.  Forwarding as discussed
 is broken, and SPF should not take it in consideration."

cheers,
Alex
--
I ask you to respect any "Reply-To" and "Mail-Follow-Up" headers.  If
you reply to me off-list, you'd better tell me you're doing so.  If