Re: Forwarding is spoofing Was: Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) Article OnAnti-Spam Technologies Mentions SPF

2004-11-23 02:19:48
On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 10:00:19PM +0000, Mark wrote:

When my domain sends a message to a third party, this third party should
not use my domain name when it decides to forward the message. If it
needs to forward the message, it should generate a new message, either
copying the content or attaching the original message, and use its own
envelope to send that new message.

That sounds suspiciously SRS-ish. :) Sending a forwarded message as
attachment is cute (SA does something similar for spam), but can be mighty
annoying too. It means, for one, that someone having mail forwarded soon
has an inbox full of only attached mails!

Attachment processing can be automated...

Anyway, I don't care _how_ it is done.  It is a forwarder's problem,
not an SPF problem.  It is the problem of the destination domain, not
a problem of the sending domain.  The solution has to be provided by
the domain that wants to do forwarding.

If my policy is to not talk to china, and if you decide to forward
your mail to china, I still do not want to talk to china.  I do not
expect nor desire nor facilitate bounces, callbacks, probes, replies.

cheers,
Alex
--
I ask you to respect any "Reply-To" and "Mail-Follow-Up" headers.  If
you reply to me off-list, you'd better tell me you're doing so.  If