Re: Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) Article OnAnti-Spam Technologies Mentions SPF

2004-11-23 03:55:47
On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 11:07 -0600, Daniel Taylor wrote:
We publish -all. I spend more time dealing with people losing mail
into spam filters than dealing with SPF rejects.

We get several messages per week from people who never saw
our confirmation e-mail and wonder why their panelist account
shows unconfirmed, we get no SPF DSN's from people using forwarding
addresses with SPF.

And you haven't stopped to think that this might be because so few
people are actually dim enough to reject mail for an SPF failure? The
burden of 'blame' definitely does seem to have fallen on the recipient
for rejection of mail -- people publish '-all' but there are very few
(relevant) sites actually obeying it.

Now that you're publishing '-all', how many bounces are you still
getting to mail which you didn't send?

I get almost none now that I use SES, and I can send to people who
forward their mail.

--
dwmw2