Re: Re: What's up with the Adoption Roll

2004-11-23 15:18:48
On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Frank Ellermann wrote:

wayne wrote:

if you have problems with the content that people are
posting to this list, you should take it up with
owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com

I think the original "complaint" was tongue-in-cheek but that gives me an
opportunity to plug the admin address again.

The admin address is actually
spf-discuss-owner(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com(_dot_)  unfortunately
the switched version owner-spf-discuss doesn't actually work.

I have been mostly taking no official action on things unless complaints reach
me through the admin address.  This encourages people to actually use the
admin address (which I like, because it gets to my inbox and gets attention
instead of being mixed in with list posts).  This also allows people to work
out differences among themselves if they don't want "official" action taken.

Waiting for an actual complaint is also a check to keep me balanced - if I do
that then I feel like I'm mostly doing what listmembers want and not just what
I want (though I reserve the option of acting on something if I feel it's
warranted, most of the time I shouldn't need to)

Thanks
gregc
--
Greg Connor
gconnor(_at_)nekodojo(_dot_)org

Everyone says that having power is a great responsibility.  This is a lot
of bunk.  Responsibility is when someone can blame you if something goes
wrong.  When you have power you are surrounded by people whose job it is
to take the blame for your mistakes.  If they're smart, that is.
                -- Cerebus, "On Governing"