Re: Re: [IETF] Allocation of the new RR type for SPF

2004-11-23 15:10:43
I think just about any draft can probably be used to represent SPF in front of
namedroppers.  The differences seem to be minor.

We are seeking "experimental" status and I think it's allowed and even
expected for the drafts to keep coming.  That shouldn't be a problem for
getting an RR type.

Perhaps we can pick a draft that came out about the time some of the widely
used SPF implementations also came out?  Also, namedroppers might like us
better if we use the version that says "SPF RR type can be used when it
becomes available".  We are definitely using TXT but we're not seeking to
carve TXT in stone. When a better record type is available we can move to it.
Nobody can accurately predict when that will be, but that doesn't prevent us
taking the first step.

gregc

--
Greg Connor
gconnor(_at_)nekodojo(_dot_)org

Everyone says that having power is a great responsibility.  This is a lot
of bunk.  Responsibility is when someone can blame you if something goes
wrong.  When you have power you are surrounded by people whose job it is
to take the blame for your mistakes.  If they're smart, that is.
                -- Cerebus, "On Governing"