RE: Role for the new council??

2004-11-30 07:59:17
Congratulations to the new council. Hopefully you will take this on
board. I have had 2 responses both negative - one going on about
widgets.

With respect to the scenario of the shop keeper below I would say for
the first guy it would be painful to explain how to get there and
address all of his questions. As you can imagine it would get worse as
more and more people got to hear of the store and went through the same
questions. As we are in the times where communication is paramount to
success then I would suggest to Acme Stores create some document
(possibly even a website) with directions and/or FAQ section. When the
time comes that a bus route is added through demand then the document
could be updated with the new information. I suppose it would be a bit
like a central repository which in IT terms seems to be a good thing.

There are a vast number of threads and in some cases it is a case of not
being able to see the wood through the trees. If customers of Acme
Stores had to plough through hundreds of emails where there are
conflicting opinions re DK and it's overheads, PTR records, etc, then
the potential customers will probably opt for a branded product (i.e.
Microsoft's SenderId).

I understand for SPF to be successful then every maildomain needs to
have an SPF record and every mail server needs to check SPF records. I
would suggest that getting this message across would be eased by
producing a similar document that Acme Stores will need to produce if
they want more people to use them. When it comes to asking questions
about driving a stick shift then refer them to a Driving school
(www.microsoft.com) or the like.

Discussion lists like this would then be used for discussing the
possibility of a new bus route or a change to the road layout and only
when these things were actually agreed would the document be updated.

Cheers

Nigel