Re: Attacking Domain Keys

2004-11-30 15:32:53
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, Meng Weng Wong wrote:

if SPF passes, auth passes.
if DK passes, auth passes.

DK may fail on mailing lists, but SPF will pass.

that's why teams have many players: if one misses the ball,
someone else still has a chance to save.

that's the philosophy from Unified SPF. :)

I would agree with this.

I'm a bit late in replying to this thread, but I want to point out that
talking about Domain Keys (and not relating the thread back to SPF) is
probably off-topic.  Off-topic posts are OK from time to time, but please
exercise your own best judgement when replying and carrying on the thread.

Recognize warning signs such as:
 - Original message doesn't mention SPF and your reply doesn't either
 - Same two or three people replying several times
 - Breaking up someone's post and responding "No it isn't" 3+ times instead of
   writing 2-3 paragraphs stating your view concisely

Like I said, some amount of off-topic posting is OK and even beneficial for
community-building.  Please just exercise your own best judgement.  So far
off-topic posting hasn't generated a lot of complaints, but I have noticed a
lot of people unsubbing when overall activity level goes up, so we should all
be mindful of "bandwidth" in general.

Thanks
gregc

--
Greg Connor
gconnor(_at_)nekodojo(_dot_)org

Everyone says that having power is a great responsibility.  This is a lot
of bunk.  Responsibility is when someone can blame you if something goes
wrong.  When you have power you are surrounded by people whose job it is
to take the blame for your mistakes.  If they're smart, that is.
                -- Cerebus, "On Governing"