Re: Re: What to do about the SPF-classic I-D?

2004-12-03 20:58:10
In <41B12FA2(_dot_)7140(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de> Frank Ellermann
<nobody(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de> writes:

wayne wrote in spf.council :

[OT: that's the public list with the public IRC logs, therefore
     I think it should be okay to post replies here -  is that
     okay for you ?  BTW, tnx for the nice HTML IRC log ;-)   ]

I think it is absolutely ok to post follow-ups here.   And thanks for
the complements about the IRC log.  It turned out much nicer and much
easier to do than I expected.

I can certainly see pushing stuff through the IETF as a
secondary priority.

If the first priority is to get it right, and anything else is
below this second priority, i'd agree.

Yeah, getting it right has to be first.  However, I think what csm and
PHB have been talking about is that it may well be more productive to
get SPF accepted as a standard by some other organization, possibly
one we create, than it is to get SPF accepted as an RFC via the IETF.

Should we push for my libspf2 doc?

Put this to an internal last call, it's much nearer to the
real thing than the last I-D (lentczner-00).

Considering how much work MarkL has put into SPF and the drafts, and
how much the drafts have benefitted from his work, I think it is very
reasonable to keep MarkL involved if he wants to be involved.  At this
time, the SPF-council has not given anyone the go-ahead to write an
officially blessed draft.  That may be something we decide at
tomorrow's IRC meeting.

Or at least that's why I wanted this "council", bye, Frank

Thanks, I'll use comments like this at tomorrow's meeting to try and
convince the others.

-wayne