Re: Re: What to do about the SPF-classic I-D?

2004-12-04 12:54:49

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004, Roger B.A. Klorese wrote:

In ANY area where a standards group exists, it's irresponsible to
deliberately cause fragmentation by setting up a competing one just
because you can't get the existing one to give you what you want.

I'll second that statement. We must try to work with IETF as much as
possible first, including accomodating their concerns regarding SPF
protocol and its implementations (other then SenderID which is being
done without regard to opinion and technical concerns of majority
of SPF Community). Only if after long and serious work (and MARID does
not count as this was Microsoft thing) we are unable to agree should we
consider doing something despite them.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks