Re[2]: Is anyone else getting DoS'd by relay attacks?

2005-01-12 05:38:51
KB> out that backscatter (about 99.9% of the traffic arriving at my server alas)

<phew> - Glad it's not just me suffering then - although I'm only
suffering to the tune of about 10% of my mail

I don't see how SES might help here, btw: nothing I can do is going
to prevent these dumb MTAs from spewing their backscatter at me - at
least I already know it's all spam (my envelope senders are custom
and unique; no DSN's ever arrive to any normal user address)

As for rules: if the incoming envelope sender is <> and the RCPT TO:
doesn't exist; it's a backscatter problem for sure: there's no doubt a
simple way to add to the sendmail.cf and/or sendmail.mc files to
produce a custom 5xx error for these; sorry I'm too busy to figure it
out for you's!

Kind Regards,
Chris Drake