Re: Zonecuts specified in SPF draft

2005-01-14 09:55:22
In <CNECIDIEBHFENDOHPAEKKEMAEBAA(_dot_)bulk(_at_)mehnle(_dot_)net> "Julian
Mehnle" <bulk(_at_)mehnle(_dot_)net> writes:

and I think it maybe blocked by DNS people for proposing such special
record (or at least delayed).

That would only show their blatant reactionariness.

Yes, but they generally control the name server software, so we have
to deal with it.

Are you aware that your proposal actually implies acknowledging the
current client-side zone cut defaulting algorithm, albeit formally just as
a fallback? ;-)

Well, no, it really doesn't acknowledge client-side zone cut
defaulting.  At least not any more than the current DNS wildcard
support does.  Yeah, they are both limited to zones, but they are
server side.

-wayne