RE: Email Forwarder's Protocol ( EFP )

2005-02-22 14:55:45

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, David MacQuigg wrote:

How do you currently handle soft fails?

The information just gets added to the Received-SPF header; other than
that, I do nothing with it. I think TEMP-failing goes a bit too far; all
softfail really means is: "If I had my SPF records/setup in order, this
mail would probably have to be REJECT-ted; but since I am not done
configuring yet, please do not take this result too seriously." So, I
don't. :) As Stuart said, the Bayesian filter will then read and interpret
the Received-SPF header.

- Mark

        System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---