RE: forged email DSN

2005-02-26 03:38:29

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Stuart
D. Gathman
Sent: zaterdag 26 februari 2005 0:32
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: [spf-discuss] forged email DSN

Both Chris Hayes and John Pinkerton have already made excellent textual
suggestions. Just a small technical nitpick on my part. :)

I am testing a new policy for Python Milter. When a message arrives
with no PTR, invalid HELO, and no SPF, then I would like to just
REJECT it as either forged, or sent from a clueless domain. But some of
my customers have clueless clients which need to send them email, so
I have to accept such messages.

I have been doing that for ages already, with much success, I might add.
One caveat, though: your customers may themselves BE clueless clients.
Especially mail from Windoze machine will have notoriously crappy HELO
strings. So, be sure to exempt SASL/DRAC authenticated addresses from such
checks! Otherwise, you'll get some upset customers. :) Otherwise, as Nike
says, just do it.

If you already took care of these things, then forget everything I said. :)

Cheers,

- Mark

        System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---