RE: forged email DSN

2005-02-26 10:20:11
On Sat, 26 Feb 2005, Mark wrote:

Especially mail from Windoze machine will have notoriously crappy HELO

If you already took care of these things, then forget everything I said. :)

Python Milter has the concept of an INTERNAL email source.  It currently
recognizes internal email via the simple expedient of comparing the IP
to a configured list of patterns, typically something like
192.168.*, 127.*

That is perfect for the small companies that are my customers.  Obviously,
for a large enterprise, a more sophisticated test for INTERNAL is in
order.  The large ISPs that use Python Milter have their own scripts - I have
no idea what's in them :-)