RE: Official website: Solutions

2005-03-07 18:18:13
Julian Mehnle wrote:
Solutions
---------

There have been multiple offers for the hosting and maintenance of, and
donation of domains for, an official web site for the SPF project.
Could those whose offers still stand please reaffirm their offers?

I have recently registered the domains "mail-spf.org" and ".com".

My first thought was "spf.org", but of course that one was already taken,
and also "SPF" is commonly taken to mean "sun protection factor" (you
know, the old joke).  So the next logical step was to add more context,
"mail", and lo and behold, it was still free! :-)

I'd like to hereby offer these domains to the project.

This is my personal nomination:

For the software, I suggest using the enhanced UseMod Wiki software that
is already being used on the council website[2].  It is Perl-based,
simple to install on many platforms, very easy to use, and quite
flexible.  It supports anonymous read-only and authenticated read-write
access.  It inherently versions the content and provides a public
change log.  It also has a plugin feature so tools like record creation
wizards can be easily integrated.

Even though a proper second-level domain may be chosen (I don't have an
idea yet which one), I'd like to suggest that the new website also keep
being reachable under the URL <http://spf.pobox.com> since this URL is a
known quantity.

I also add the above domains to my personal nomination for a website
solution.