RE: Re: Official website: Solutions

2005-03-08 08:03:19

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of Frank
Ellermann
Sent: dinsdag 8 maart 2005 8:51
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: [spf-discuss] Re: Official website: Solutions

Mark wrote:

it looks a bit amateuristic

Some standards use PURLs, you find it in RSS / RDF documents,
and IIRC also for DC meta tags. It was an idea to get a stable
URL for why.html, not for the complete Web site.

I like the idea of the redunancy which such a redirector offers (assuming
you can easily point to a mirror site, should one be down). And perhaps
for the why.html page we can still do this. But not for the main site; and
having two different URLs, then, might be confusing.

you don't see Microsoft hosted on http:/purl.net/microsoft/

purl isn't a hoster, it's a redirector.

I know this. :)

What has Microsoft to do with mail standards, so far they
only "invented" them, have they already implemented one?

To me, a URL like http:/purl.net/spf/ is just one notch above something
like http://spf.myisp.com/. Microsoft has nothing to do with this, of
course, except to serve as an example of how a "big boy" (and we want to
play with the big boys, right?) does not generally piggy-back on someone
else's URL domain.

Cheers,

- Mark

        System Administrator Asarian-host.org