Re: Official website: Solutions

2005-03-08 00:41:50
Mark wrote:

it looks a bit amateuristic

Some standards use PURLs, you find it in RSS / RDF documents,
and IIRC also for DC meta tags.  It was an idea to get a stable
URL for why.html, not for the complete Web site.

you don't see Microsoft hosted on http:/purl.net/microsoft/

purl isn't a hoster, it's a redirector.  What has Microsoft to
do with mail standards, so far they only "invented" them, have
they already implemented one ?

I think we should be able to host our own domain.

Indeed, if Jabber can do it, SPF should also be able to do it.

Maybe Jabber could be a role model for SPF / AMSG / MIPA, it's
not so radical like Phil's idea to emulate W3C / UniCode for
mail standards.  But don't even think about it as long as AMSG
and MIPA (or SPF and CSV) are "enemies", that would be too much
like the Life of Brian with MicroSoft as Roman Empire.

                       Bye, Frank