New draft (was: query format, load, and stunt servers, oh my)

2005-03-25 07:13:08
Andy Bakun wrote:

I raise this question now, because it will be a lot easier
to modify the standard now than later.

Is this actually true?  Can we get this verified?  What kinds
of changes can be made to the spec at this point?  I thought
someone had said effectively "not many".

Anything which doesn't break valid policies is not completely
off limits.  If some old implementations are more liberal than
the actual standard says it's also tolerable.  Otherwise it's
v=spf2 or spf2.0.  For spf2.0 it must not break Sender-ID, and
it should include positional modifiers.  For v=spf2 it can be
anything.

Things planned for draft -01:  Remove "zone cut" everywhere.
Replace "MAY check HELO" by "SHOULD check HELO".  Add a proper
IANA template for the Received-SPF header field.

                      Bye, Frank