Re: -01pre4

2005-05-05 17:39:10

On Fri, 6 May 2005, Julian Mehnle wrote:

Sorry, my portrayal is not entirely correct.  Wayne _did_ comment once on
my -01pre1 change suggestions, and he applied _some_ of them.  Others,
however, he did not apply, and he gave me reasons, to which I replied.

To _that_ reply of mine he did not respond before timing out, so the
controversial parts of my change suggestions are still outstanding.  I
will include those in my comments on -01pre5 in my next message.

It might be good idea to make it a policy within SPF Community that for SPF technical specification, the comments in regards to the specification should be made publicly (i.e. on this list), unless these are simple grammer and spelling errors.

In doing so it will be possible for others to weight on the comments and
suggestions. Knowing the answers and changed made by specification editor, it would also be more clear when the editor is basing these changes (or no changes) on consensus or requests from community or when he is using his own judgment.

Obviously as some comments can come from outside of this list directly to
the specification listed authors, such authors/editors would also be expected to provide a summary of those comments and requests for changes (and if possible who made the suggestion) and to ask community opinion about those suggestions.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks