Re: HELO versus MAILFROM results

2005-05-07 18:13:07
Daniel Taylor wrote:

Yes, SPF is not a silver bullet to fix e-mail. I doubt that
anyone who is actually working with it believes that it is.

I think that it could be that silver bullet.  With a PASS or
NEUTRAL (but not NONE) infamous ideas like C/R could work.
Reputation systems (RHSBLs, SIQ, gossip, karma) could work.
"Good" bounces work again.  RfC 3834 (vacation etc.) works
without getting you unsubscribed, SCBL blocked, or worse.

And the best of it, it's not necessary that the whole world
implements it, only the bad guys (spammers and worm authors)
are forced to consider it.
                            Bye, Frank