Re: HELO versus MAILFROM results

2005-05-11 22:56:12
In <20050504063621(_dot_)GA3930(_at_)primefactor(_dot_)com> Mark Shewmaker
<mark(_at_)primefactor(_dot_)com> writes:

I would like to bring up two things:

1.  The default overall result isn't defined for all cases
    in which the mailfrom and helo results don't match.

After talking with MarkS on #SPF, I believe that most of the confusion
here is caused by the draft not being clear that there can be more
than one Received-SPF header generated by each hope.  I will update
the draft to make it clearer that if you check multiple scopes, you
should generate one Received-SPF header for each one.

2.  It might be helpful to define a few more (optional)
    received-spf key names.  Since they're not defined
    now, this wouldn't be a change that would break any
    existing implementation.

MarkS's suggested Received-SPF keywords are mostly based along the
idea of how to explain several different conflicting results of
different SPF checks on different scopes in one Received-SPF header.
While I don't think that is particularly useful, I *do* think that
adding (and recommend using) a scope= keyword is a good idea.

What do other people think?

-wayne