Re: New SPFv1 spec: draft-schlitt-spf-classic-01pre7

2005-05-17 23:37:26

On Wed, 18 May 2005, wayne wrote:

When the pseudo last call is finished, I will submit a final draft to
the IETF and request a standard track review.  I'm not sure what
happens next, but if we are allowed to go with a standard track, I
think we have to have a 4 week real last call, along with an IESG
review and such.  Then it goes off the the RFC editor who will confirm
just how bad my English is.

Standard track requires IETF consensus (and not just interoperable implementations) which I'm not certain exist and it requires consensus at IESG as well. And I dont think you should send spf draft to standard review withot having consulted people at IESG if that would be ok.

I also don't think you should change from experimental to standard on your
own without having that run by SPF Council (and having resolution on this
topic that has been voted on).

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks