Re: Authorize (was: For SPF Council review - PASS Definition)

2005-05-20 22:54:21

On Sat, 21 May 2005, Frank Ellermann wrote:

wayne wrote:

Having pondered the subject much more, I still think the only
reasonable thing we can do right now is put a blurb in the
"Terminology" section at the top explaing what the meaning of
"authorize" is in this draft.

Good idea, add the RfC with crypto-terminology as a reference,
if it has "authorize",  Probably Julian or you know this RfC
number by heart, otherwise I could try to find it for -02pre1.

RFC1704 is closest I can think of, but its primarily on cryptography
and user-host authentication and not much on authorization, so I'm
not entirely sure if its good or bad idea to reference it

Here is a good place if you want to do further search on what
what RFC to reference:
 http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/rfcterms.htm

--
William Leibzon