Re: For SPF Council review - PASS Definition - was: People keep misunderstanding what "Pass" and "Neutral" mean

2005-05-18 13:17:27
On 5/18/05, Commerco WebMaster <Webmaster(_at_)commerco(_dot_)net> wrote:
Chris,

As an SPF publisher, FWLIW my feedback...

<SNIP>

As some folks may try to creatively engineer anti-spam add-ins to the SPF
specification, I trust none shall forget that SPF is first and foremost a
vehicle to prevent domain identity theft in email FROM.  Whatever is done
to the spec, please just don't ever break that primary foundation.

Alan,

Slight quibble. I believe you meant to say "...prevent domain identity
theft in email MAIL FROM." "FROM" would be an RFC2822 identity which
we of course all know (except for MS and company) really has nothing
to do with the RFC2821 SMTP session (unless of course someone chooses
to look in the data portion of the file).

Mike