Re: Authentication vs. Authorization

2005-05-21 21:23:51
wayne wrote:

should we retroactively foist such responsibility on them?

As much as I might like to increase the accountability of
MTA owners, I think this is a *REALLY* bad idea.

Buried as op=auth months ago, other ways of resurrecting the
HARDPASS are indeed bad.  Scott's idea itself was and is good.

But changing _anything_ with the definition of results now,
beyond the necessary redirect=invalid / HELO invalid cleanup,
is [*meep*]

Your "validating implementation" concept was a one-way-street,
try to turn now and see SPF crash.  See Andy's considerations,
you just can't pull such suicidal stunts now.  Bye, Frank