Re: What to do about redirect= and NXDOMAIN?

2005-05-21 21:03:49
In
<6(_dot_)2(_dot_)1(_dot_)2(_dot_)2(_dot_)20050520131204(_dot_)02a5d370(_at_)MS1(_dot_)MailSys(_dot_)Net>
 Commerco WebMaster <Webmaster(_at_)Commerco(_dot_)Net> writes:

At 11:47 AM 5/20/2005, you wrote:

However, to back up a second, Stuart just posted that he thinks that
include and redirect already defined to act the same.  I would like to
confirm that you are saying that they don't.

Although I don't know if this is stated explicitly anywhere in the SPF
specification, I have always had a pretty simple view of redirect
vs. include.

[redirect is used for intra-domain stuff]

[include is used for inter-domain stuff]

Am I wrong in my usage of redirect and include or my thoughts about same?

Yeah, If I have summarized your message right, I pretty much agree.

The particular issue, which I admit I didn't make clear in my post, is
whether redirect and include should act the same with respect to the
target domain name being bad.  Right now, they don't act the same.

-wayne