Re: Re: This is ridiculous.

2005-06-09 06:48:02
In <42A82FF9(_dot_)4463(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de> Frank Ellermann
<nobody(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de> writes:

The only relevant info in this article plus comments
from my POV was draft-delany-nullmx-00.txt because I
didn't have it in my I-D collection.

Yeah, his support of the nullmx I-D shows that SRS doesn't always make
good choices.  Could you imagine the screaming by the root servers if
this idea was wildly used without *all* software that deals with MX
records not recognizing that "." means "don't try to send email".  All
those folks that do SMTP callbacks trying to connect to ".", all the
spam software out there (that is badly broken anyway) trying to
deliver spam to ".".

What a truly bad idea.

-wayne