Re: Problem with SID

2005-06-23 12:58:02
Terry Fielder wrote:

If the source or contributing factor of your depression (SPAM) is your pre-existing condition of erectile dysfunction (Forwarding)...

Broken analogy. Forwarding is a need and a desire. Erectile disfunction is not.

then your medecine (SPF) is treating the symptom of depression (SPAM) without addressing at least one of the underlying causes of the disease (Forwarding).

Forwarding is neither a disease nor its cause. Blocking forwarding is a broken attempt to solve a problem.

The ability to forward with/without re-addressing to me is re-injection. That is where our opinions differ.

And to most, re-injection requires the "forwarder" to take responsibility.

And to you I suspect forwarding is not re-injection.

But when MTA X gives the message to the target X intended Y, when Y passes msg onto Z it really should be Y (not X) that is responsible for the message getting to Z. Hence to me why it is re-injection whether or not there is re-addressing.

Y is not the intended target. The end-consumer of the information is the intended target. Y is just an address that is known to move the mail to *or* *closer* *to* the intended target. When I say "send mail to me to x(_at_)foo(_dot_)com" I am not saying that when mail reaches x(_at_)foo(_dot_)com it reaches me. I am saying that mail sent to x(_at_)foo(_dot_)com will ultimately reach me via a path that is none of your business. And as long as I *as* *a* *user* have control over what happens to mail sent to x(_at_)foo(_dot_)com, then that's all you or anyone have a right to know.