Re: Problem with SID

2005-06-23 13:52:01

Roger B.A. Klorese wrote:
Terry Fielder wrote:

But when MTA X gives the message to the target X intended Y, when Y passes msg onto Z it really should be Y (not X) that is responsible for the message getting to Z. Hence to me why it is re-injection whether or not there is re-addressing.

Injection, shminjection.

If the message is MAIL FROM:<me(_at_)here(_dot_)com>, it does not become MAIL FROM:<you(_at_)somewhere-else(_dot_)com> just because it gets passed along. It's still mail from me(_at_)here(_dot_)com(_dot_) It's not MAIL BEINGINJECTEDINANSMTPSESSIONBY:.

Same old arguments about what constitutes forgery. Everyone has an opinion. No point in restating them here, its beaten to death.

But *I* don't want unauthorized MTA's to be able to send emails claiming to from my domain (whether or not those emails are "just passing through" a fordwarder/unauthorized relay/re-injector/whatever.)

Terry

Read the whitepaper!  http://spf.pobox.com/whitepaper.pdf