Re: where is SES/BATV/ABBS?

2005-07-05 15:11:57
Cool, now we are getting somewhere. David, I take back what I said about you arguing just for the sake of arguing. It seems clear that you are working hard on the area you've chosen to tackle, and perhaps it's more complementary with SPF than I thought at first.

If someone were to come up with a DNS server that knows how to distinguish your SRS0+hash, via some exists: query, do you think you would be willing to publish an SPF record to test it with? Basically the exists: query would pass back the full local part and your DNS server would provide a yes-or-no answer, which is similar to what CBV does, only CBV wouldn't be required at the recipient. (You would probably want to publish using ?all until you are confident that the trick DNS server is working.)

If that could be made to work, that might be a much better solution to the forwarding problem than the one I described earlier. And it could be done proactively by the sender without depending on forwarders to do anything.

Thanks for the info.

gregc