SPF Validation Tools - Yet Another One

2005-07-07 00:30:33
One of the frequent problems I've seen with some of the SPF checking tools
is that they either just do a static validation of the syntax of a record
(and thus miss included domains with no SPF record or DNS lookup errors) or
they do a full test.  There doesn't appear to be any in between.  So, in the
spirit of re-inventing the wheel, only hopefully a little better...  here is
another web page for SPF testing:

http://www.kitterman.com/spf/validate.html

It comes in three parts:

1.  Enter a domain name and the SPF record is loaded and tested (including
processing limits and non-existent included domains/SPF records).

2.  Enter an SPF record directly and it's tested/validated.

3.  Enter an IP/Mail From/HELO or IP/SPF policy to test against specific IP
addresses.

This is at best a Beta site at this point and I'd like suggestions (on or
off list, I don't care, but off list certainly for anything not of general
interest).

Scott K

P.S.  This is using the latest version of the Python SPF library (thanks,
Stuart).  It implements the processing limits and error syntax in the
current draft.