Re: SPF test suite

2005-08-05 10:28:03
On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Lennon - Orcon wrote:

I am setting up some test SPF rules to test SPF implementations. I have set
up the following

test1.spam.co.nz    "v=spf1 ip4:219.88.242.0/27 -all moo" (illegal moo) (The

There is a large test suite from Wayne also.  The problem with putting
the test data into DNS is that it is very difficult to complete
a large suite without running into some kind of DNS error.

Consequently, I have a test driver that provides a simplified SPF
centric API for DNS.  The test data provides a standin for the entire
internet DNS for test purposes:

zonedata = {
  'premierpc.co.uk':
  [('SPF','v=spf1 mx/26 exists:%{l}.%{d}.%{i}.spf.uksubnet.net -all')],
  'mailing.gdi.ws':
  [('CNAME','mailing.gdi.ws')],
  'loop0.example.com':
  [('CNAME','loop1.example.com')],
  'loop1.example.com':
  [('CNAME','loop2.example.com')],
  'loop10.example.com':
  [('CNAME','loop0.example.com')],
  'a.com':
  [('SPF','v=spf1 a mx include:b.com')],
  'b.com':
  [('SPF','v=spf1 a mx include:a.com')],
}

For each domain, the result is a list of TYPE,value pairs (or else
a timeout token).

It would be nice is spf test suites would provide the DNS data to go
along with the test suite.  Bind format would be fine:

testsuite_dnsdata.txt
loop0.example.com       CNAME loop1.example.com.
a.com                   SPF "v=spf1 a mx include:b.com"

Then a test driver could load the DNS data and run the tests without
hitting DNS vagaries.