Re: Updating SPF type99 and TXT RR's: Simultaneity is not guaranteed.

2005-08-10 01:11:44
In <1123653585(_dot_)30179(_dot_)58(_dot_)camel(_at_)k9> Mark Shewmaker
<mark(_at_)primefactor(_dot_)com> writes:

Section 4.5. of the spec, "Selecting Records" says that if you're
querying for both SPF and TXT record types that:

|   2.  If there are both SPF and TXT records in the set and if
|       they are not all identical, return a "PermError".

This leads to a problem.

I agree that this is a problem, and one I hadn't really thought
about.

One answer:  temperror
Another answer:  None
Third answer:  SPF-type99 has priority over TXT

I lean toward:

* let the receive choose one, either one, it is up to them to decide.

We already let receivers choose which RR type to query and don't
require them to query both.  Letting receivers decide which to choose
after the query has no real differences than letting them choose
beforehand.

-wayne