Re: Updating SPF type99 and TXT RR's: Simultaneity is not guaranteed.

2005-08-11 07:13:21
* Scott Kitterman:

Interesting.  One quick comment for you...

enyo.de.         3600  IN TXT  ("v=spf1 a:212.9.189.167 "
                                "a:212.9.189.169 -all")

won't give you what you want.  The 'a' mechanism takes a domain name
arguement, not a IP address.

Oops, thanks.  These bugs should be fixed.

Why not just activate the new IP, add a second A record for
mail.enyo.de and then delete the first one after you are sure that
TTLs have expired?

Yes, my example misses the point.  I need something which actually
requires a change in the published SPF record.