Re: SPF Filter Questions

2005-08-18 10:38:53
Bill IconSystemsNetwork.com wrote:
I don't mind a header that tells the MTA who I am but I would prefer the MUA to only display the church address unless viewing all headers. Below is the header I will be testing this afternoon to see how it is viewed.

From: user(_at_)churchaddress(_dot_)org
Sender: verify(_at_)mycompany(_dot_)com

Acting like a Greeting Card looks like my best solution right now.
Thanks for the suggestions,

Bill
SPF doesn't care if you put the Sender: identity in or not. As long as you use your Mail From: (which will be rewritten as Return-Path: when it's delivered), you'll be good from an SPF perspective.

I suggested Sender: because it's the right thing to do from an internet standards perpsective and also because there are other entities that will make use of SPF records (I'm thinking Microsoft SenderID here) and the Sender: identity will keep you out of trouble with them too (although I don't personally expect that to give you a lot of trouble either way).

Most MUAs don't display it and even in Outlook you don't see it in the preview window. You actually have to open the message to see it.

Scott K