Re: [spf-discuss] SPF adoption

2005-11-16 22:45:17
In <200511162217(_dot_)04576(_dot_)julian(_at_)mehnle(_dot_)net> Julian Mehnle
<julian(_at_)mehnle(_dot_)net> writes:

Wayne, thank you for doing another survey.  We should put up the survey
results on the new website's Statistics page[1].  Can you (or somebody)
turn the results of this and the previous surveys into one or more graphs,
perhaps similar to the old adoption role graph[2]?

One of the problems with these numbers is that my surveys have been
pretty inconsistent.  My earliest ones were based off of things like a
spammer's list of 50 million email addresses from several years ago.
(It was obtained when a spammer left their website open).  Most of the
others include 6-12 month old copies of various TLDs.  Right now, I
only have up to date access to the .com and .net TLDs.

Would it be useful to run continuous domain surveys to track adoption?

Well, things are not that easy.  I have automated more of the steps,
but each survey still involves a lot of work.  I have to try to obtain
newer copies of the domain lists, the domain list have to be put into
the right format, the data has to be copied to various machines to run
the scans on, I run into disk space issues a lot, I run into
bandwidth/ISP problems a lot, etc.

All in all, there is still a lot of steps that I have to do over the
course of a week or two.

-wayne