Re: [spf-discuss] GMAIL mis-usage of SPF?

2005-11-17 13:44:18

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arjen de Korte" <spf+discuss(_at_)de-korte(_dot_)org>

 Received-SPF: pass (gmail.com: best guess record for domain of
   root(_at_)abusecore(_dot_)charter(_dot_)net designates 209.225.29.51 as
   permitted sender)

From 'Mail::SPF::Query' module (1.997):

Set C<guess=E<gt>1> to turned on automatic best_guess processing.
This will use the best_guess SPF record when one cannot be found
in the DNS. Note that this can only return C<pass> or C<neutral>.

By default, the mechanism 'a/24 mx/24 ptr' is used then, which explains
the above mentioned result. It's a matter of taste if you want to use
this. Since it will either provide a 'pass' or 'neutral' result,
personally I find it pretty useless.

Arjen

Ouch!! That's terrible!!   Geez, no wonder SPAMMERS have nothing to worry
about.  Licking our chops, calling us MORONS!! "Those guys don't know what
the hell they are doing!"

That is an SMTP concept and should be KEPT in SMTP, not SPF.

Anyway, thanks for the answer... Out of this world.
Incredible.  Wow!

I don't like this feature. It hurts SPF.

http://www.santronics.com