Re: [spf-discuss] Re: Is best guess moronic?

2005-11-18 20:25:47
One thing I would point out is that the SPF spec does allow for SPF-Received
to be extended.

http://www.schlitt.net/spf/spf_classic/draft-schlitt-spf-classic-02.html#anchor25

header           = "Received-SPF:" [CFWS] result FWS [comment FWS]
                  [ key-value-list ] CRLF

key              = "client-ip" / "envelope-from" / "helo" /
                  "problem" / "receiver" / "identity" /
                   mechanism / "x-" name / name

Other keys may be defined by SPF clients. Until a new key name becomes
widely accepted, new key names should start with "x-".

So, I don't think it's inherently wrong to build SPF like results into SPF
received headers.  The real question would be what to put in result.  To pick
a currently less controversial example, I would say that for the Trusted
Forwarder White List the result should be NONE (because it's in TFWL, you
skipped checking) and then the key might be x-tfwl or x-whitelisted.

Scott K