[spf-discuss] Remove non-standard PASS - BEST GUESS from Received-SPF:

2005-11-18 12:14:14

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stuart D. Gathman" <stuart(_at_)bmsi(_dot_)com>
Newsgroups: spf.-.sender.policy.framework.discussion

Is this a difficult concept to grasp?

Your issue is only relevant when the header could be seen by outside
software.

and I would like to believe that the best way to do this is with a
consistent standard.  A PASS is a PASS.  A NONE is a NONE.

There is no standard expectaton for a:

    PASS - BEST GUESS

So it isn't about OUTSIDE software, it is about COMPLIANT software.

I hope you are not saying any softare that is SPF compliant but ignorant of
this non-standard best guess feature to be an "outsider?" <grin>

I don't think so you are.

I really don't care what extensions are used in implemetations. We have
extensions in our WCSAP system.  But it doesn't conflict with the SPF
specification and output.

Call me crazy, but that is design school 101.

I proposed the following for this perl script:

Use

    Received-SPF: None (.... Best Guess ...)

That will clear the issue.

http://www.santronics.com